Safety, Quality & Environment
We’re committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all people involved in our business. Our commitment and continued focus on safety is something that we pride ourselves on and take very seriously.
We promote a safety culture that delivers clarity, openness and accountability, one where our people are mindful of their actions and committed to incorporating safety into every aspect of their lives, not just at work.
Safety is always on the agenda at March IT and we communicate regularly with our team to ensure that we’re proactively training staff, identifying hazards, reporting near-misses and remedying these to minimise any risks associated with the work that we do.
March IT is a proud member of the National Safety Council of Australia Foundation and has an in-house safety system built and audited to ensure compliance with AS/NZS 4801:2001.
March IT is committed to providing high quality services to our clients. We have developed an enterprise-wide Business Excellence System to drive improvements in quality, consistency, products and services, and to the organisation. We have received ISO 9001:2015 certification, following successful external audit with SAI Global.
“March IT creates value by connecting people in remote places. Our clients are able to conduct business in remote places using quality, timely and affordable remote telecommunications services. They are also able to provide remote workers with high speed, reliable internet access which is increasingly important for their social and emotional wellbeing.
Our capability covers the entire lifecycle of telecommunications services provision, including design, supply, installation, monitoring, and support. We identify and meet statutory and regulatory telecommunications requirements as well as any applicable standards and codes of practice. We liaise with clients to gather detailed requirements and design solutions to ensure requirements are met. We only utilise qualified products, suppliers, and installers. Services are monitored and helpdesk provided to maintain agreed service levels.
We are committed to continually improving all aspects of the business. We have developed an enterprise-wide Business Excellence System, certified compliant with ISO 9001:2015 requirements, to drive improvements in quality, consistency, products and services, and to the organisation. All staff receive an induction in Quality to ensure understanding of this policy and the Business Excellence System’s obligations. This policy is available to stakeholders as appropriate.”
– Paul Torrisi, Chief Executive Officer
March IT creates value by connecting people in remote places. Our clients are able to conduct business in remote places using quality, timely and affordable remote telecommunications services. They are also able to provide remote workers with high speed, reliable internet access which is increasingly important for their social and emotional wellbeing.
March IT recognises that we have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to minimising the impact of our activities on the environment. The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Meet or exceed all environmental legislation that relates to the organisation
- Minimise damage to the land while driving off-road
- Ensure vehicle weed hygiene certification where applicable
- Minimise environmental footprint when we or our contractors erect towers
- Ensure fluids such as fuels and oils are not dropped on the ground
- Include environmental factors when selecting external providers
- Remove all redundant equipment and parts from site and recycle as much as possible
- Use renewable energy sources, such as solar, to power communications equipment where viable
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Minimise the use of paper in the office, reusing and recycling paper where possible
- Reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible, switching off lights, air-conditioners and other electrical equipment when not in use
- Reduce the need to travel and promote the use of travel alternatives such as video or phone conferencing where possible
- Make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning materials where possible
All employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met. March IT will involve staff in relevant environmental training and implementation of this policy. The policy will be reviewed and updated at least once annually, in consultation with staff and other stakeholders as necessary so as to continually improve our environmental performance. This policy will be made freely available to the public.